Saturday, May 8, 2010

Unconditional - that's what it is.

A mother's job entails that she is not only someone who just so happens to be there whenever you need her, she's so much more than that. She's A LOT more than that...


She's a teacher - Yes, boys and girls...those ABC's and 123's weren't programmed by aliens. Mum was there, singing us that- now incredibly annoying- song. Well, maybe Big Bird did help a bit. But only cool mums tune into Sesame Street with their children every morning. teheee..
As for me, I'm still learning from Mum, especially when I'm cooking/baking. She's always only a phone call away.

She's a doctor - All those nights spent nursing us back to health whenever we fell ill. Ughh, the worst was the chicken pox. How many times did she say "stop scratching!!!"? and how many times did you pretend to sleep in the bedroom, but really, you were scratching your butt off?

She's a law enforcement officer - She keeps us in line, she keeps us from misbehaving in front of visitors. She pulls your top up when it starts to show a bit of cleavage. But, she let's you go out late at night, only if Dad doesn't find out. Or did she tell dad anyway and then said "Honey, don't yell at her, she's a teenager." ;))
She also seems to pop out of nowhere when you start fighting with your siblings. Dang!

She's a best friend - I don't know about you guys, but my Mum's my best friend. She's cool like that, yo! and sometimes, when she says something that I think is so uncool, I love her even more for it because she wants to actually have a conversation with about Bon Jovi or tattoos or boys. Especially boys. I don't know what I'd do if I can't tell my mum whenever I have a fight with a boyfriend or just a guy friend. She makes me feel better, all the time.

For all the tears you wiped away,
For all the blood, sweat and tears sacrificed in the kitchen to provide our family with yummy and healthy food to eat,
For all those nights you spent up, waiting for me to come home,
For being proud of me,
For telling me that you love me,
For being there all the time,
For giving birth to my sisters and brother,
For giving birth to me,
Words cannot express how much I love you , Mama...

Happy Mother's Day.


That's Mum and Dad.
Love!

2 comments:

Ridhwan A. said...

Aafin. your mom must be very proud of you.

Hmmm... How about the greatest chef in the world?

bella muerte said...

Yup, that reminds me..

Bread pudding. Since you're going back with Nana, so that means, by car. So, I believe there will be no problems/complications whatsoever, yes?

Alright. Thanks mucho.