Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rewind that Cassette.

Here's my list of awesome musicians kids today and in the future will not be able to appreciate. Well, at least not as much as I did when I was growing up. Unless they have super cool parents or big sisters like me. Teehehehee.




Radiohead




Dave Matthews Band




Oasis




Savage Garden




Alanis Morissette




Bon Jovi





Eagle Eye Cherry




Garbage




Hole




Weezer




Lenny Kravitz




Rod Stewart




The Smashing Pumpkins




Pearl Jam




Red Hot Chilli Peppers




Third Eye Blind




U2




The Wallflowers



I'm sure there are hundreds more musicians where that came from but for now, these are the ones I miss. They're not necessarily my favourites, but I chose them because I remember having at least one song of theirs stuck in my head when I was a youngin'. This was waaayyyyyy before MTV or iTunes or radio conglomerates had any say in matters of music. Some of them still make music, but it's not the same. Back then, they made music for the fun of it...now it's all about selling albums and concert tickets.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with loving Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift...I listen to them too. 

But kids, you sure missed some gooooood times from way back when. Ah well.. 


Again, this is MY list. Haters, be gone.

2 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

Though it's a bit gay, but I really love my Westlife, Blues, BSB, N'sync, 5ive moments...

Used to karaoke their songs with my brothers...

I also love Guns N Roses :-P

Stephanie Morris said...

I love them too! I think boybands are just a part of us. No one can deny that. No one should say they were too cool for boybands. I'm sure we've all hummed their songs at one point. hehe