Tuesday, July 12, 2011

They're just...Gems.

As most of you know, I teach foreign students...mostly Middle Eastern students. The point of this post is to just let you guys in on all the FUN I experience with them...every. damn. day.

........

Me: Alright, where's yesterday's homework?
Ss*: Oh...okay, teacher. No problem, tomorrow, tomorrow.

........

Me: *handing them test papers*
Ss: What's this, teacher? You didn't teach me this. I don't know this.
Me: *explains, explains, explains*
Ss: Okay good. You write for me. Please?

........

Whenever I ask them to write something/do exercises...here are some of the more common excuses...

1. I went to Genting yesterday so I'm tired now. Let me sleep, please.
2. Teacher, I don't have a pen/paper.
3. I'm very dizzy today. I only slept for 2 hours last night.
4. Excuse me teacher, I need to smoke now. *runs out of the classroom*
5. *cellphone ringing* Teacher, this is a call from my country. I have to answer this.
6. No, no. No study today. Just talk. Talk with us, teacher.

There's a bucket-load of excuses I can't even remember anymore.

........

Me: Why are you wearing slippers?
Ss: Because Malaysia is hot./I don't have socks/I don't like wearing shoes.

........

Me: *explains, explains, teaching, teaching.. blablablabla*
Ss: Teacher, where to buy girls here?

........

So there, just some of the awesome daily conversations I have with them. Don't get me wrong, they're not ALL like that. The girls are awesome and there are some boys who are just sooo sweet. Lovee!

*Ss = student/students.

4 comments:

Zulfahmi said...

Ridhwan would tell them "Is that my problem?" or "Okey, see you again next semester..."

Stephanie Morris said...

Believe me Pami, that's what we tell them every day. Diorang tak faham tu.

SandraC said...

excuses part is so the norm but u teach adults and they say funnier things!! haha "teacher where to buy girls..." WKAAKAKAKA

Ridhwan A. said...

Eh, my punchlines!

They can be quite a handful, Aafin. :)